The recent BMI survey (n = 11 828) shows us some fun facts about the 60% of economically active South Africans whose BMI indicates are overweight.
- They are more likely to be better off than their underweight cousins
- And more likely to worry more about what’s going on in the world (probably because they are also more likely to keep up to date with the news)
- They are more pessimistic about the future
- They are more likely to gamble
- They’re more likely to drive a Toyota than a Volkswagen
- And they are more likely to eat a traditional Sunday roast (and eat at KFC!)